Information on personal data protection
The National Sports Agency collects and processes personal data. The following section describes the extent of processing and outlines the data subjects’ rights arising in connection with the collection and processing of their personal data.
The National Sports Agency (Agency) is a controller acting in the capacity of a body of central state administration. As a controller, the Agency determines the purposes and the means of processing, collects and processes the personal data, and is responsible for setting up and implementing the processing process.
For more details about the data processing system set up by the Agency, data subjects may contact the Agency:
- by e-mail;
- via a data box;
- by letter sent to the address: National Sports Agency, Českomoravská 2420/15, 190 00 Prague 9;
- in person via the filing office of the National Sports Agency at Českomoravská 2420/15, 190 00 Prague 9.
The contact information may also be used for any communications with the Agency’s data protection officer.
DATA PROCESSING PRINCIPLES
The Agency processes all personal data with respect to the individual right to the protection of privacy. In doing so, the Agency observes the following principles:
- The Agency processes personal data in compliance with applicable law and in a transparent manner;
- The Agency collects personal data only for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and does not process the data in a manner that would be incompatible with such purposes;
- The Agency processes the data to the appropriate extent that is necessary and proportionate for the accomplishment of the designated purposes;
- The Agency has adopted measures to ensure that the processed data are correct and to allow for the rectification of any inaccuracies, if necessary;
- The Agency stores personal data only for the time that is strictly necessary to accomplish the purposes of processing;
- The Agency safeguards the personal data against unauthorized or illegal processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
The Agency processes personal data that are related to its activities as a central administrative authority. In view of the legislation that regulates the Agency’s activities, the Agency may process any of the following data, or a combination of data or data files:
- Identification and contact data: first name, family name, academic degree, date and place of birth, identification card number, marital status, personal identification number, nationality, permanent address, phone number, e-mail address, personal number, IP address, number and expiration date of a residence permit, start/end of stay.
- Descriptive data: education, knowledge of foreign languages, professional skills and expertise, number of children, video surveillance footage, previous employer, health insurance company, wages, passport number, bank account details.
The Agency mostly processes the personal data of:
- participants of proceedings, complainants, persons requesting information and other persons that are in contact or communicate with the Agency;
- employees (including former employees), or their family members, job applicants and members of advisory bodies;
- data subjects who enter into contracts with the Agency and the contact persons of contracting parties;
- visitors to the Ministry’s premises.
The Agency collects personal data directly from data subjects, from third parties or from the public domain.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
The Agency processes personal data:
- in order to comply with its legal obligations;
- to perform tasks carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Agency (e.g. to respond to inquiries, complaints and other requests from the general public);
- in order to enter into contracts and discharge its contractual obligations;
- in order to protect its legitimate interests (especially to protect the assets vested in its care);
- on the basis of the data subject’s consent.
In certain instances laid down in law, the Agency must also transmit personal data to other controllers, in particular:
- to investigative, prosecuting and adjudicating bodies;
- to other state administration authorities in order to discharge statutory obligations;
- to other EU Member States or to international organizations to the extent laid down in the EU law, in the applicable international treaty or to discharge other international commitments of the Czech Republic.
The Agency processes personal data both manually and by automated means. Automated processing is carried out through the Agency’s own information systems.
The Agency has adopted comprehensive measures to safeguard personal data against unlawful or unauthorized processing, accidental damage, erasure, or loss.
Personal data may be accessed only by authorized employees who are bound to keep the personal data and the security measures strictly confidential.
The Agency enters into data processing agreements with third-party contractors. The Agency cooperates only with those processors who provide adequate guarantees about the due protection of the personal data they process.
TIME LIMITS FOR KEEPING THE DATA
The Agency keeps the personal data for the minimum time necessary under applicable laws or under its Document Retention and Destruction Policy.
In other instances, personal data are kept for the minimum time necessary to accomplish the specific purpose of processing.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Data subjects have the right to obtain access to the personal data concerning them that are kept by the Agency, and the right to have their personal data rectified or erased, and the right to restriction of processing. Data subjects also have the right to object to the processing of their personal data, and the right to data portability.
If the data are processed based on the data subject’s consent or express consent, the data subject may withdraw his or her consent to processing; this is without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on the data subject’s consent granted prior to its withdrawal.
Data subjects may also lodge complaints with a supervisory authority, specifically with the Office for Personal Data Protection at Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, e-mail: email@example.com, data box ID: qkbaa2n.